Friday, November 13, 2009

Vintage Day to Day - 7/13/07

In honor of Friday the 13th, let us play "ghost of Christmas Past" and revisit Friday the 13th of July, 2007...

A little entry from a previous blog that I think proves we should all just stay in bed on these days best left to black cats and Jason Voorhees - I call it
"The Hub, and Coffeemaker both malfunction"
So I get up this morning to find a puddle of coffee all over our counter... clearly I wasn't paying enough attention while loading the coffee and setting the auto-brew last night..
I soak and I wipe and I squeegee, and get it all cleaned up, check to make sure there is ample coffee in the pot for The Hub, and head out for my run...
Upon my return, I go into the kitch for a bottle of water and find The Hub... I get out "good mor..." and he cuts me off "YOU DO REALIZE THERE WAS COFFEE ALL OVER THE COUNTER THIS MORNING, DON'T YOU!? SO SINCE I GOT UP I HAVE BEEN IN HERE CLEANING IT!"
"um, but, I cleaned it up before I left... do you think the coffee pot is leaking?"
"IT'S BRAND NEW, KERI!! YOU LEFT A HUGE PUDDLE OF COFFEE EVERYWHERE! I'M SURE YOU OVERFILLED IT.."
Well... he's sure is he? Good for him and his "sureness"... hey pal, screw you and the (high) horse you rode in on... how about that, jerky?
Of course while I was practicing personal hygiene behind my locked bathroom door, listening to K-LOVE and reminding myself that a Proverbs 31 woman would understand that The Hub is really busy and stressed with work, and blah, blah, blah.. (might need to work on that, eh?)... he starts a new pot of coffee (because evidently, if some spills, it ruins the whole pot?) and guess what? It does it to him too!! That's right buddy... who's having a blonde moment now? Turns out, because you can either use a carafe or two or one travel mug, you have to line the pot up just perfect or it might go everywhere...
I emerge from my girly bathroom all extra foxy (for spite) to face my day, and The Hub has morphed from the Hulk back into Bruce Banner and is tickling the dog and chatting me up.. pfffft... whatev....
Passive/agressive Keri is concocting a plan to never touch the coffeemaker again, so when he gets up each morning and grabs that stainless steel carafe, all he will get is a piping hot cup o' nuthin! (Yep, that Proverbs 31 thing might need just a touch of work...)
I mean honestly... I have always been partial to Tea.....

Incidentally, several things about this strike me as funny: #1. The part where I "go for my run." HA!! My "I am a runner" phase lasted about 2 months before I dialed workouts down to Fit TV and my Wii Fit. "My Run." LMAO. #2. The idea that I would EVER give up coffee. Snort. What would I drink while watching my TiVoed Handy Manny episodes every morning? Give up coffee, puh-leese.


No comments:

Post a Comment