Friday, November 20, 2009

No wonder I'm exausted.

Currently, Dr. Sissy is running a little family contest that requires us all to do 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week in order to be entered into a drawing for a "super awesome prize." The Hub and I are both having motivational issues, for lack of a better (re: more honest) term.
I hear the Wii Fit taunting me, and I know that especially around the Holidays it is important to battle the bulge.. really, I do.

But I also worry a lot about living in a healthy way in general...
Actually - in today's western world, you can spend a lot of time worrying about how you live your life, and in a very informed way, too...
I worry about being unhealthy - about not working out, drinking too much, not drinking enough of the right kind of beverage, eating fats, not eating enough "good" fats, eating sugar, eating sugar substitutes, needing more fruits and veggies, eating too much chemically treated produce, what EXACTLY has eaten off of that organic tomato before me, eating red meat, not having balenced sources of protein........ :::::Sigh:::: Don't even get me started on trying to get through a day avoiding everything they say causes cancer these days... What black hole would I have to live in to do that?
Yikes...
But it isn't just being healthy.. what about being "green"? That is the new buzz word right? So shopping means trying to make enviromentally positive choices (ok, that term is so PC, I kind of just made myself sick)...
OH -and I want to be frugal in my lifestyle now too - so I can help "future Keri" live out her goals and dreams...
And it all starts to snowball...
Example of my thought process regarding one little thing?
I should drink lots of water... it is good for me,it keeps toxins flushing out of my body, (THINK OF THE CANCER!), it is inexpensive, keeps me full and hydrated, so I should take some with me where I go... But I can't grab one of my husband's bottled waters - think if the resources used in making that crap - even if I do toss it in our recycle bin, it is such a waste (at least I am not wasting MY money on that crap, tho)... So maybe a nalgene bottle of tap water (which I spend time conivincing myself is perfectly fine, since brita filters are freaking expensive)... but wait! My #7 bottle is leeching chemicals I can't see into my portable beverage, what if I grow flippers or something? (WHAT ABOUT THE CANCER!!) What am I left with? They aren't going to let me into the gym that I have to go to (I have already spent the damn money, and if I don't get some cardio everyday I will drop dead of a heart attack.. and WHAT ABOUT THE CANCER!?) with a freaking Mason Jar of tap water... I can't go out and buy one of those fancy metal workout bottles - that is clearly NOT being responsible with my limited funds... So I stand in the kitchen, mind racing about how to be the "least bad" in this decision... and I am stressed out... and it is probably causing cancer...

I would just go back to bed - but my sheets aren't organic, renewable fiber, so it is like I am giving the planet the finger by resting my spinning head on them....

Can ANYBODY even live up to MOST of all this stuff at one time? Because I have to tell ya - I am freaking worn out, just from trying to get a drink of water...
Does that count as a cardio workout, Dr. Sissy?

1 comment: